Baked Apple Pie Rolls
Sweet pies using very thin unleavened dough (phyllo pastry sheets) are commonly used for making pastries in Middle Eastern and Balkan cuisines. Apple pie is a very popular dessert in Serbian households and likewise, you could find it in menus in almost every restaurant or bakery.
- 500gr pastry sheets
- 200gr sugar
- 2kg apples Ajdared
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Take 2 sheets of pastry for 1 apple pie roll.
- Spread a few drops of oil over the top sheet and fill with approx. 3 small apples cut in cubs or grated.
- Cover with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 or 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- One after another add into a baking tray and place into the preheated oven.
- Bake at 200 – 180°C for 15min, but check regularly to inspect the color of the rolls so as not to get burned.